July 27 (Reuters) - Western Forest Products Inc
* Announced indefinite curtailment of its Somass Sawmill, located in Port Alberni, B.C.
* Western Forest products says somass Sawmill has been temporarily curtailed since February 2017, prior to which it operated on a single shift basis
* Western Forest Products Inc - Expects to offset lost production from somass by increasing production at its other operations on Vancouver Island
* Western Forest Products Inc says Western intends to offer voluntary severance to its Somass Sawmill hourly employees
* Western Forest Products Inc - Cost reductions will be delivered through operational consolidation
* Decision to indefinitely curtail operations is in response to lack of log supply to operate mill efficiently
* Western Forest Products - Decision to curtail operations also from uncertainty by duties applied to Canadian Softwood lumber products sold into us Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.