NEW YORK (Reuters) - Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR) on Wednesday denied a report by the Times of London saying that the private equity firm has put its $1.25 billion initial public offering on hold.
"As evidenced by the recent filing of an amendment to the registration statement, we are continuing to work on the IPO and have not postponed," KKR KKR.UL spokesman David Lilly said in an emailed statement.
The Times of London said in an online report that the U.S. buyout firm had postponed its IPO after wary investors showed no appetite for its stock.
Analysts told Reuters last month that KKR should pull its IPO, as the credit crunch -- prompted by the subprime mortgage meltdown -- has brought most private equity activity to a halt.
KKR rival Blackstone Group LP BX.N, which went partially public in June, has seen its shares battered since its IPO.
KKR filed its S-1 IPO prospectus in July. A company typically goes public 90 days after the S-1 filing.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.