April 28 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2030 on Monday.
* denotes new or updated items.
* BAGHDAD - Eight people were killed and 72 others wounded including eight women and four children overnight in Sadr city, eastern Baghdad, hospital and police sources said.
* BAGHDAD - Six bodies were found in Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A mortar round landed behind the Rashid Hotel in the Green Zone government compound, wounding five people including a child, police said.
* BAGHDAD - Five people were wounded in a mortar attack in Abu Nawas street in central Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Gunmen shot dead an off-duty policeman in central Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Two policemen were wounded in an attack targeting their vehicle in eastern Mosul, police said.
TIKRIT - Two policemen were killed in a drive-by shooting on Sunday in Tikrit, 175 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - Three mortar bombs landed on a police station in Jazair district, eastern Baghdad, wounding three policemen, police said.
BAGHDAD - A mortar blast wounded one person in the Mansour district, western Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. and Iraqi forces killed 22 militants attacking an Iraqi security force checkpoint on Sunday in northeastern Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. forces killed 16 militants in other separate engagements in Baghdad on Sunday, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - One Iraqi soldier was killed and nine people wounded including four soldiers on Sunday, when a parked car bomb struck the Jamiaa District in western Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - One civilian was killed and seven other people wounded, including four policemen, when a car bomb exploded near a police checkpoint on Sunday in the Harthia district in western Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Six bodies were found in different districts across Baghdad on Sunday, police said.
KIRKUK - A roadside bomb wounded one policeman when it struck his patrol on Sunday in central Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
Compiled by Aws Qusay, editing by Tim Cocks
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.