Feb 14 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1250 GMT on Thursday.
* denotes new or updated item.
* KERBALA - Police arrested three men they said were followers of Ahmed al-Hassan al-Yamani, a leader with a large following in Basra, and seized weapons and explosives from them.
* BAGHDAD - At least five people were killed and 33 wounded when a bomb in a parked car exploded in a popular market in the Sadr city district of northeastern Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - The U.S. army killed seven insurgents and detained 16 suspects in the past two days during operations to disrupt al-Qaeda networks operating in central and northern Iraq, the U.S. military said.
HAWIJA - Gunmen shot dead a member of a neighbourhood police patrol in a drive-by shooting in the town of Hawija, 70 km (40 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, police said.
* NEAR KUT - The head of the Rapid Reaction Forces in Wasit Province was wounded when gunmen attacked his convoy near the city of Kut, 170 km (105 miles) southeast of Baghdad, police said.
* BAAJ - A roadside bomb exploded near the convoy of the police chief of the town of Baaj, 150 km (90 miles) west of Mosul, wounding him along with three of his security guards, police said.
* SAMARRA - Masked gunmen killed a former army Major General in Staff in the city of Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, his relatives told Reuters.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen shot dead nine members of an Iraqi family after storming their house in the village of Awja, north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of three people were found in different districts of Baghdad on Wednesday, police said.
BAGHDAD - Armed men hanged a three year-old boy during an attack on a school in Zaafaraniya district of southern Baghdad on Wednesday, police said.
BASRA - Two Iraqi soldiers were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near their patrol in the southern city of Basra, 550 km (340 miles) southeast of Baghdad, police said.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.