WASHINGTON, July 23 (Reuters) - A U.S. Navy ship may have brought down a second Iranian drone in the Strait of Hormuz last week, a U.S. official said on Tuesday, adding that the military did not have definite confirmation.
“We brought down one for sure... There might have been a second,” said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity.
The head of U.S. Central Command, General Kenneth McKenzie, also told CBS News that the United States may have brought down a second drone.
“We are confident we brought down one drone, we may have brought down a second,” McKenzie said.
Reporting by Idrees Ali; Editing by Dan Grebler