ROME (Reuters) - The hospital treating Italian opera star Luciano Pavarotti said on Monday he was still undergoing tests, nearly two weeks after being admitted for treatment.
The hospital said the tests would last for a few more days and were related to Pavarotti’s battle with cancer.
Pavarotti, 71, considered one of the greatest tenors of his generation, was admitted to hospital with a high fever on August 8 in his home town of Modena.
The next day, the hospital said he was in a satisfactory condition and would be released in a few days.
Pavarotti’s manager said last week that the singer, who underwent surgery to remove a pancreatic tumor in July 2006, had been given the go-ahead to go home and would be discharged imminently.
His wife, Nicoletta Mantovani, said later Pavarotti preferred to remain in hospital for the time being because he felt more comfortable there. He is being treated in the cancer ward.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.