(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1900 GMT on Wednesday:
* denotes new or updated item.
* BAGHDAD - Thirty bodies were found shot around Baghdad in the past 24 hours, police said.
* BAGHDAD - Gunmen attacked a convoy carrying U.S. State Department officials in Rusafa in Baghdad’s east, the U.S. military said. Security forces backed by Apache helicopters returned fire and there were no reported casualties in the convoy, the military said. Local police said four civilians were killed and 11 wounded in the Sinak area of Baghdad.
* SAMARRA - A roadside bomb killed five policemen on patrol in central Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi army patrol killed one soldier and wounded three in the al-Shurta district of southwestern Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Eight people were wounded in mortar attacks on a residential area in eastern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - The U.S. military said it killed six suspected militants in raids targeting senior leaders of an al Qaeda suicide attack cell and detained 23 others around Iraq.
MANDALI - A bomber wearing a suicide vest killed 20 people and wounded 30 in a cafe in Mandali, a predominantly Kurdish Shi’ite town about 100 km (60 miles) northeast of Baghdad, police said. The town’s mayor put the death toll at 11.
BAGHDAD - The U.S. military said nine U.S. soldiers were killed in four separate bomb and shooting attacks on Monday and Tuesday in or around Baghdad.
JBELA - At least three people were killed and 15 wounded by a car bomb in a parking lot in the town of Jbela, near Iskandariya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police spokesman Captain Muthanna al-Maamouri said.
BAGHDAD - The U.S. military said it had taken custody of a body that Iraqi police said was that of one of three missing U.S. soldiers. It was found floating in the Euphrates River south of Baghdad on Wednesday.
BAGHDAD - Mortar bombs killed three people and wounded 14 in Karrada district in central Baghdad, police said.
TIKRIT - A hospital in Tikrit received the decomposed bodies of three men shot who were found in the town of Baiji, 180 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, a security source said.
RAMADI - The bodies of five people were found shot and tortured in different districts of the city of Ramadi, 110 km (70 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen killed a member of the Kurdistan Democratic Party in a town near Mosul, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen killed a policeman and seriously wounded his wife in Mosul, police said.
MOSUL - A roadside bomb killed two members of Kurdish Peshmerga forces and a civilian when it exploded near their vehicle in Mosul, police said.
BUHRIZ - The body of the imam of a mosque in predominantly Sunni Arab Buhriz, south of Baquba, who had been abducted on Monday, police said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. forces killed two militants, detained 19 others and uncovered a large quantity of Iranian money and bomb-making materials during a raid in the Sadr City district of northeastern Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of 33 people were found shot in different districts of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said. Twenty- seven of them were found in the predominantly Sunni Arab western Karkh side of Baghdad.
KUT - The bodies of five people were retrieved from two rivers near the city of Kut, 170 km (100 miles) southeast of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said.
KHAN BANI SAAD - Three children were killed and three wounded in a mortar attack in the town of Khan Bani Saad, near Baquba, 65 km north of Baghdad, police said.
KHAN BANI SAAD - An Iraqi officer was killed and three other soldiers wounded in clashes with gunmen in the town of Khan Bani Saad on Tuesday, police said.
BAGHDAD - A suicide car bomber targeting a police patrol killed a policeman and wounded three others in the Doura district of southern Baghdad, police said.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.