(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 10 a.m. EST on Wednesday.
* denotes new or updated items.
* MAHMUDIYA - A roadside bomb killed one person and wounded three others near Mahmudiya, 30 km (20 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - Iraqi soldiers killed two suspected militants and arrested 38 others during operations across Iraq in the past 24 hours, the Defence Ministry said.
* KIRKUK - A roadside bomb wounded one civilian in an attack against the convoy of Major-General Hazim al-Khazraji, a senior police officer in Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* UDHAIM - A roadside bomb killed one person and wounded two others near Udhaim, north of Baghdad, police said.
* TUZ KHURMATO - Four truck drivers were kidnapped in Tuz Kurmato, 220 km (135 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. Syrian identity documents were found inside the trucks.
* KIRKUK - Gunmen killed Abdul-Sattar Tahira, a professor at Kirkuk University, police said. Tahira held New Zealand citizenship, they said.
* BAGHDAD - U.S. forces detained 22 suspected insurgents during raids against al Qaeda in northern and central Iraq, the U.S. military said.
TUZ KHURMATO - Gunmen killed two people and wounded three other family members in an attack on a house in Tuz Khurmato, police said.
SAMARRA - A bomb in a parked car killed two people and wounded six others, including four members of a U.S.-backed neighborhood security unit, near a checkpoint in Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. Another police source put the death toll at one and said the attack was by a suicide car bomber.
BAGHDAD - Two bodies were found in different areas of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.