NEW YORK (Reuters) - Democratic presidential contender Hillary Clinton appeared on Monday on the “Late Show with David Letterman” to deliver the “Top 10” reasons she loves America, which included the ability to order her trademark pantsuits around the clock on the Internet.
Clinton, who appeared on tape from North Carolina where she was campaigning ahead of the state’s nominating primary on Tuesday, used the list to take a poke at Letterman with her No. 1 reason: “Apparently anyone can get a talk show.”
But Clinton steered away from any controversy in her list and made not even a mention of her lengthy, tight race with rival Democrat Barack Obama for the party’s presidential nomination. The Letterman segment will air on his show, which starts tonight at 11:30 p.m. EDT.
The “Top 10” list is evening staple on Letterman’s late night talk show on CBS. Obama appeared last week, delivering a “Top 10” list of “Surprising Facts about Barack Obama.”
Here are Clinton’s “Reasons Hillary Clinton Loves America:”
10. “We have more Dakotas than every other country combined.”
9. “Canadian bacon: soggy and chewy; American bacon: crisp and delicious!”
8. “Thanks to the Internet, I can order new pantsuits 24/7. There’s your pantsuit joke, Dave. Are you happy now?”
7. “232 years and not one cookie shortage.”
5. “Did I mention the soup? Mmm, soup.”
4. “Did you know former President Teddy Roosevelt was an American?”
3. “Where else can you get a car painted for $29.95?”
2. “Is this the part where I say, ‘Live from New York, it’s Saturday Night!’?”
1. “Apparently anyone can get a talk show.”
Editing by Todd Eastham
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.