Aug 31 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories on the New York Times business pages. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- The Food and Drug Administration approved the first-ever treatment that genetically alters a patient's own cells to fight cancer, a milestone that is expected to transform treatment in the coming years. nyti.ms/2eGM0JP
- As a brutal storm continues to pound the Gulf Coast, tens of thousands of homeowners are turning to the government for help in repairing and rebuilding. Much of the aid they receive will require taking on debt; an unpleasant surprise to those who may lack the income to pay it back. nyti.ms/2wKhnxg
- David Tang, the founder of Shanghai Tang, a global chain of flashy emporiums of Chinese-inspired clothing, accessories and home furnishings, and a prominent writer and raconteur in Hong Kong and Britain, died on Tuesday in London. He was 63. nyti.ms/2wkcOsi
- Travis Kalanick, the former chief executive of Uber technologies Inc, won a preliminary victory on Wednesday in his nasty legal clash with the venture capital firm trying to oust him from the ride-hailing company's board when a judge ruled that the dispute should be moved to arbitration for now. nyti.ms/2eGQoIx
- David Madden, the outgoing entertainment president of Fox Broadcasting, will be replaced by Michael Thorn, a development executive at Twenty-First Century Fox Inc in-house TV studio, the network said. The move may have opened the door for AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc to claim a new programming chief of its own. nyti.ms/2xOhqor
Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom