August 2, 2018 / 11:35 PM / 4 months ago

Man sues Apple over burns after iPhone battery explosion

A South Carolina man has sued Apple Inc over burns and other injuries he claims he suffered after the battery of his iPhone 6 exploded while it was in his pocket.

Ronnie Portee in his lawsuit in federal court in Columbia, South Carolina, said he suffered second- and third-degree burns on his back and limbs following the October 2016 incident and had to undergo multiple surgeries for treatment.

To read the full story on Westlaw Practitioner Insights, click here: bit.ly/2Mf8SPb

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below