MOSCOW, July 18 (Reuters) - Rambler Media RMG.L, the British-registered owner of Russia's Rambler Internet portal, said on Friday it has agreed to sell the Begun advertising agency to Google Inc GOOG.O for $140 million.
Rambler, which currently owns 50.1 percent of Begun, said in a statment it would first buy the remaining 49.9 percent stake from Bannatyne Limited and then sell the entire firm to Google.
It expects to receive a net gain from the disposal of around $50 million which will be used to finance its investment programme and potential acquisitions, the company said. (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Quentin Bryar)
Reuters Breakingviews is the world's leading source of agenda-setting financial insight. As the Reuters brand for financial commentary, we dissect the big business and economic stories as they break around the world every day. A global team of about 30 correspondents in New York, London, Hong Kong and other major cities provides expert analysis in real time.
Sign up for a free trial of our full service at https://www.breakingviews.com/trial and follow us on Twitter @Breakingviews and at www.breakingviews.com. All opinions expressed are those of the authors.