LONDON, Aug 13 (Reuters) - The global oil and gas sector has seen a flurry of consolidation in recent weeks, as companies look to snap up assets before an economic recovery sends prices higher.
Here are some of the recently announced deals and deal talks in the sector:
For a similar Factbox on the mining sector please click on [ID:nLH178664].
* China's state-run Sinochem Corp agrees a $878 million takeover of Emerald Energy EMEN.L to gain access to the oil and gas explorer's operations in Syria and Colombia. [ID:nL0565114] (August 12)
* Secretive Russian oil tycoon Gennady Timchenko spends an estimated $1.6 billion on an 18 percent stake in gas firm Novatek NVTK.MM. [ID:nLB90755] (August 11)
* U.S. acquisition shell Hicks TOH.A, founded by sports billionaire Tom Hicks, agrees to buy unlisted oil company Resolute Natural Resources for $582 million. [ID:nN03164122] (August 3)
* GLG Partners GLG.N is planning to launch a seed venture that will list in London with a value of around $500 million and then acquire oil production companies worldwide, sources say. [ID:nN27523194] (July 27)
* UK-based oil explorer Heritage Oil HOIL.L agrees a $6 billion merger with Genel Energy International, a unit of Turkey's Cukurova Group. [ID:nL9405539] (June 9)
* Dubai state firm Emirates National Oil Company says it is in talks to buy the 48 percent it doesn't own in London-listed Dragon Oil DGO.LDGO.I, which has a market cap of $2.66 billion. [ID:nL5151846] (June 5)
Compiled by Victoria Bryan and Rosalba O’Brien
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.