PARIS, June 10 (Reuters) - French pharmaceutical group Sanofi-Aventis (SASY.PA) on Wednesday denied it had presented a major U.S. acquisition plan to its board, following a report in the edition of Les Echos newspaper due to appear on Thursday.
The report said major shareholders in the world’s fourth largest pharmaceutical company had rejected the planned acquisition, judging it too risky. Les Echos did not say where it got its information.
A Sanofi-Aventis spokesman said the company “formally denied” that a major acquisition project in the U.S. had been presented to the board.
Reporting by Noelle Mennella, Writing by Helen Massy-Beresford; Editing by Phil Berlowitz