WASHINGTON, March 16 (Reuters) - National CineMedia Inc and Screenvision LLC said on Monday that they had decided to scrap plans to merge after the U.S. government sued to block the $375 million deal.
The companies said “that after a thorough review of options” that it had decided to terminate the deal, which had been reached on May 5, 2014.
The Justice Department filed a lawsuit to stop it in November on antitrust grounds.
The case is U.S. v. National CineMedia Inc, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 14-08732. (Reporting by Diane Bartz; Editing by Sandra Maler)