June 17 (Reuters) - Royal Dutch Shell :
* Shell and CNOOC sign global strategic alliance agreement
* Shell and China National Offshore Oil Corporation (cnooc) announced today that they have signed a global strategic alliance agreement
* Under agreement, companies also commit to exploring potential cooperation opportunities in upstream, midstream and downstream
* Agreement was signed by Royal Dutch Shell Chairman Jorma Ollila and CNOOC Chairman Wang Yilin
* Committed to growing business together with CNOOC and other Chinese partners and cooperating with them internationally to bring more and cleaner energy to china - CEO
* Parties are also working together in liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects and upstream deepwater projects including in Gabon and Brazil among others. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Reuters Breakingviews is the world's leading source of agenda-setting financial insight. As the Reuters brand for financial commentary, we dissect the big business and economic stories as they break around the world every day. A global team of about 30 correspondents in New York, London, Hong Kong and other major cities provides expert analysis in real time.
Sign up for a free trial of our full service at https://www.breakingviews.com/trial and follow us on Twitter @Breakingviews and at www.breakingviews.com. All opinions expressed are those of the authors.