KUALA LUMPUR, April 26 (Reuters) - Malaysia’s Sime Darby :
* says unit Sime Darby Engineering Sdn Bhd has won a 1.15 billion ringgit ($384.3 million)contract to contruct topside facilities for the Kebabangan Northern Hub Development project off the coast of Malaysian Borneo state of Sabah.
* The project is managed by Kebabangan Petroleum Operating Company, a joint venture between Malaysia’s state oil firm Petronas , ConocoPhillips’s local unit and a subsidiary of Shell (RDSa.L).
* The project is a platform from which natural gas from the surrounding fields will be channeled via pipelines to the Sabah Oil and Gas Terminal.
* The gas fields in the Kebabangan Cluster, include Kebabangan, Kamunsu East, Kamunsu East Upthrown and Kamunsu East Upthrown Canyon, which are about 130 kilometres off Sabah’s coast.
* Sime’s contract with the Petronas joint venture firm will run for 29 months effective from April 22 this year. ($1 = 2.993 ringgit) (Reporting by Niluksi Koswanage)