CAIRO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Telecom Egypt shares rose more than 4% in early trading on Tuesday following reports Vodafone Group could sell its stake in its Egyptian unit, Vodafone Egypt.
Telecom Egypt said on Sunday it had no intention of selling its 45% stake in Vodafone Egypt. Vodafone Group holds the remaining 55% stake in the company.
Reporting by Ehab Farouk Writing by Aidan Lewis Editing by Louise Heavens
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.