* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX rises 0.90 percent to 14,966.56
* Leading the index were BRP Inc <DOO.TO>, up 16.5%, Enerflex Ltd , up 11.1%, and Norbord Inc , higher by 10.5%.
* Lagging shares were Sandstorm Gold Ltd , down 7.3%, Aphria Inc, down 7.0%, and Badger Daylighting Ltd, lower by 6.7%.
* On the TSX 165 issues rose and 62 fell as a 2.7-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 10 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 312.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Shaw Communications Inc and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 1.97 points, or 2.7%, while the financials sector climbed 3.49 points, or 1.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 4.59%, or $1.08, to $24.63 a barrel. Brent crude rose 4.72%, or $1.39, to $30.85
* The TSX is off 12.3% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.