* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 2.54 percent to 14,503.21
* Leading the index were Endeavour Mining Corp <EDV.TO>, up 3.6%, Semafo Inc , up 3.4%, and Wheaton Precious Metals Corp , higher by 2.4%.
* Lagging shares were Intertape Polymer Group Inc , down 16.3%, Frontera Energy Corp, down 14.6%, and Exchange Income Corp, lower by 12.7%.
* On the TSX 20 issues rose and 210 fell as a 0.1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There was 1 new high and 3 new lows, with total volume of 306.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Manulife Financial Corp and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 4.26 points, or 5.6%, while the financials sector slipped 9.33 points, or 3.9%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.01%, or $0.26, to $25.52 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.83%, or $0.55, to $29.43
* The TSX is off 15% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.