* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.64 percent to 14,075.94
* Leading the index were Eldorado Gold Corp <ELD.TO>, up 12.0%, Sandstorm Gold Ltd , up 11.6%, and Torex Gold Resources Inc , higher by 10.7%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc , down 13.1%, Cineplex Inc, down 11.1%, and MTY Food Group Inc, lower by 8.6%.
* On the TSX 84 issues rose and 145 fell as a 0.6-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 326.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Toronto-dominion Bank and Yamana Gold Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 0.53 points, or 0.8%, while the financials sector slipped 7.07 points, or 2.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.49%, or $0.34, to $22.42 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.11%, or $0.35, to $31.83 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 17.5% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.