* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.13 percent to 16,162.96
* Leading the index were Crescent Point Energy Corp <CPG.TO>, up 14.6%, Seven Generations Energy Ltd , up 14.3%, and Vermilion Energy Inc , higher by 13.6%.
* Lagging shares were Shopify Inc , down 6.4%, Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust CHP_u.TO, down 5.4%, and Lundin Mining Corp, lower by 4.3%.
* On the TSX 94 issues rose and 123 fell as a 0.8-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 24 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 222.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Royal Bank Of Canada , Cenovus Energy Inc and Crescent Point Energy Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 6.71 points, or 8.9%, while the financials sector climbed 1.18 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.33%, or $0.95, to $41.76 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.66%, or $0.72, to $44 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 5.3% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.