* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.94 percent to 16,018.65
* Leading the index were Mullen Group Ltd <MTL.TO>, up 7.8%, FirstService Corp , up 7%, and Teck Resources Ltd , higher by 6.9%.
* Lagging shares were Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc , down 16.2%, Ballard Power Systems Inc, down 10.0%, and First Majestic Silver Corp, lower by 5.0%.
* On the TSX 62 issues rose and 158 fell as a 0.4-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There was 1 new high and no new lows, with total volume of 196.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Manulife Financial Corp and Kinross Gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.83 points, or 2.3%, while the financials sector slipped 1.26 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 2%, or $0.84, to $41.06 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.19%, or $0.97, to $43.32 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 6.1% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.