July 31 (Reuters) - The United States said on Friday it has reached an agreement in principle with Swiss bank UBS UBSN.VX (UBS.N) on their tax evasion dispute and hopes to hammer out the details of a settlement in a week. [ID:nN31419197.
Here are some facts about UBS in the United States:
- The Swiss bank is the number one share trader across the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq combined.
- The bank’s U.S. workforce represents 37 percent of its global staff.
- The Swiss bank expanded its presence in the United States in 2000 with the $10 billion acquisition of PaineWebber Group, a brokerage firm with over 8,500 brokers and $500 billion in client assets.
- UBS Wealth Management Americas managed 673 billion Swiss francs ($619.7 billion) in client assets at the end of March.
- The bank has around 2 million clients in the United States.
- UBS has locations in 381 cities across 49 states and the District of Columbia.
Source: UBS (Editing by David Cowell)