(Reuters) - Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli agreed a four-year deal Sunday to replace Marcello Lippi as Italy boss after the World Cup.
Here are five facts about the 52-year-old.
* Born August 19, 1957 in Orzinuovi (Brescia), Italy
* Started his playing career as a midfielder at Cremonese in the 1970s but had his best period at Juventus where he helped the Turin club win three league titles. Also spent two spells at Atalanta.
* Began his management career as youth coach at Atalanta between 1990 and 1997 including a brief stint as caretaker boss in 1993.
* Went on to notably manage Parma and AS Roma for a brief spell before leaving to care for his sick wife who later died.
* Won three coach of the year awards at Fiorentina, where he spent five years in charge.
Reporting by Mark Meadows; Editing by Tom Pilcher
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.