* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 1.66 percent to 15,188.98
* Leading the index were Alamos Gold Inc <AGI.TO>, up 3.7%, Dundee Precious Metals Inc, up 3.5%, and Teranga Gold Corp, higher by 3.5%.
* Lagging shares were Corus Entertainment Inc, down 16.6%, Vermilion Energy Inc, down 7.2%, and Cineplex Inc, lower by 6.6%.
* On the TSX 39 issues rose and 182 fell as a 0.2-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 256.3 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Tc Energy Corp, Power Corporation Of Canada and Kinross Gold Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group fell 1.94 points, or 2.5%, while the financials sector slipped 6.87 points, or 2.6%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.45%, or $0.56, to $38.16 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.73%, or $0.3, to $40.75 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 11% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.