* The Toronto Stock Exchange’s TSX falls 0.00 percent to 16,273.26
* Leading the index were Interfor Corp <IFP.TO>, up 8.1%, First Quantum Minerals Ltd , up 7.9%, and Ero Copper Corp , higher by 7.6%.
* Lagging shares were Spin Master Corp , down 7.5%, Trillium Therapeutics Inc, down 5.9%, and Canopy Growth Corp, lower by 5.1%.
* On the TSX 105 issues rose and 113 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 2 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 213.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc , Royal Bank Of Canada and Manulife Financial Corp.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.90 points, or 1.4%, while the financials sector slipped 0.25 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.67%, or $0.68, to $41.51 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.47%, or $0.2, to $42.82 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 4.6% for the year.
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.