(Reuters) - * The Toronto Stock Exchange’s S&P/TSX rose 10.88 points, or 0.07 percent, to 16,067.91.
* Leading the index were Cronos Group Inc, up 6.7 percent, Baytex Energy Corp, up 6.6 percent, and Aurora Cannabis Inc, higher by 6.4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Canfor Corp, down 9.4 percent, Interfor Corp, down 7.6 percent, and Husky Energy Inc, lower by 7.5 percent.
* On the TSX 128 issues rose and 105 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 13 new highs and three new lows, with total volume of 266.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc, Nexgen Energy Ltd and Bombardier Inc.
* The TSX’s energy group rose 0.16 points, or 0.1 percent, while the financials sector slipped 0.29 points, or 0.1 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.34 percent, or $0.19, to $55.67 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.96 percent, or $0.62, to $65.38.
* The TSX is up 12.2 percent for the year.
Reporting by April Joyner
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.