The Los Angeles Chargers on Thursday announced that a player has tested positive for COVID-19.
ESPN reported offensive lineman Ryan Groy was moved to the team’s COVID-reserve list.
Groy’s close contacts have been told to stay home and participate in meetings remotely. The Chargers found out Wednesday night.
The Chargers said the training facility remains open and that the rest of the team will follow its normal practice and meeting schedule Thursday.
“We continue to operate in close consultation with the NFL, as well as our team of independent doctors and specialists, and will follow their guidance,” the team said in a statement. “As has been the case since day one of this pandemic, the health and safety of our players, staff and community continue to be our highest priority.”
Groy is in his second season with the Chargers. He started three of the four games he played in this season. Groy was listed on the team’s first injury report of the week with a biceps injury. He did not practice Wednesday. The 30-year-old has played in 68 games (20 starts) with the Chargers, Buffalo Bills (2015-18) and Chicago Bears (2014).
The Chargers (2-4) are scheduled to play the Denver Broncos (2-4) on Sunday. The Chargers defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars last week in L.A.
--Field Level Media
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.