(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1200 GMT on Monday.
* denotes new or updated items.
* MOSUL - A suicide truck bomb killed at least six people, including two policemen and a soldier, and wounded 17 in an attack on a checkpoint near a village between Tal Afar and Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* KIRKUK - A bomb in a parked car wounded six people near a police brigadier-general’s house in Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* KUT - Gunmen killed one man and wounded another in Kut, 170 km (105 miles) southeast of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - Three suspected insurgents were detained during a raid in southern Baghdad on Saturday, the U.S. military said.
* LATIFIYA - A roadside bomb killed one soldier and wounded three others in Latifiya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - A roadside bomb killed one person and wounded three west of Mosul, police said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen killed Jawad al-Daami, a journalist for Baghdadiya television, on Sunday in al-Qadissiya district of southwestern Baghdad, an Iraqi journalists’ association said.
KIRKUK - Kirkuk province police chief Jamal Tahir escaped unhurt from a roadside bomb attack on his convoy in the city of Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. One of his guards was wounded.
JBELA - Iraqi soldiers killed four suspected al Qaeda militants and freed two hostages, including a policeman, after they found a fake checkpoint on Sunday in the town of Jbela, 65 km (40 miles) south of Baghdad, the Iraqi military said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. forces killed one suspected insurgent and arrested four members of an Iranian-backed special groups cell during an operation in eastern Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
KIRKUK - A car bomb targeting a local mayor’s convoy killed one of his bodyguards and wounded seven, including three civilians in Kirkuk, police said.
KUT - Wasit province police chief Abdul-Hanin al-Imara escaped an assassination attempt when gunmen opened fire on his convoy on Sunday in the city of Kut, police said. Imara was unhurt but two of his guards were wounded.