(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2200 GMT on Saturday.
* Denotes a new or updated item.
* FALLUJA - A bomb attached to the car of a local politician representing Interior Minister Jawad Bolani’s party killed the politician, his son and another person traveling with them in Falluja, 50 km (32 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A motorcycle bomb exploded near a cafe in Baghdad’s eastern district of New Baghdad, killing two people and wounding 13 others, mostly youths, police said.
* MOSUL - A sniper shot dead a policeman at a check point in western Mosul, 390 Km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Gunmen opened fire on a police checkpoint in Mosul, wounding a policeman, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A bomb stuck to the car of an Iraqi army soldier killed him and wounded three bystanders in Baghdad’s northern Adhamiya district, police said.
* BAGHDAD - The Iraqi army shot dead a militant driving a car in Baghdad’s northern Adhamiya district, the Iraqi army said. The car was later found to be carrying 200 km of explosives, they said.
* MUQTADIYA - A roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi police patrol killed two policemen and wounded four others, police said.
SHIRQAT - A suicide car bomb exploded near a police station, killing at least nine people and wounding 17 others in Shirqat, 300 km (190 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - Four soldiers were wounded by mortar rounds landing on an Iraqi army station in western Mosul, police said.
SINJAR - A truck bomb parked next to a market killed six people and wounded 20 in Sinjar, 390 km (240 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - An attacker threw a grenade at an Iraqi police patrol, killing one policeman and wounding seven other people in northern Baghdad on Friday night, police said.
BASRA - Iraqi forces arrested 18 suspected militants during operations in northeastern Basra, 420 km ( 260 miles) southeast of Baghdad, police said.