(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1100 GMT (6:00 a.m. EST) on Monday.
* Denotes a new or updated item
* BAGHDAD - Four students were killed and 25 wounded when a bomb detonated in the playground of a boys’ middle school in the Shi’ite district of Sadr City, police said. The area is a stronghold of militias loyal to anti-American cleric Moqtada al- Sadr and has been targeted by Sunni insurgents in the past.
* BAGHDAD - Gunmen shot dead five government-backed neighborhood guards, or Sahwa, while they were manning a checkpoint in the northern suburbs of Baghdad, police said.
* KIRKUK - Two Sahwa guards were found dead at a checkpoint in Kirkuk, some 250 kilometers (155 miles) north of Baghdad. Police said it was not immediately clear how they had died.
* BAGHDAD - A sticky bomb, or a small explosive that is affixed to vehicles, killed a driver and wounded five others in the Mansour district of west-central Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Two civilians and two police officers were wounded late on Sunday when a roadside bomb detonated in the district of Zaafaraniya, apparently targeting the officers who were on patrol, police said.
Compiled by Baghdad Newsroom