(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2030 GMT on Wednesday.
* denotes new or updated item.
* BAGHDAD - Police said they found four bodies in different districts of Baghdad on Wednesday.
* MOSUL - Gunmen killed a policewoman wearing civilian clothes in a market in eastern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* KIKRUK - Four policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb hit their patrol near the municipal headquarters in Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - A U.S. soldier was killed and three others wounded in a rocket-propelled grenade attack on a patrol in Mosul, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - Neighborhood police killed two al Qaeda operatives at a checkpoint when they fired on a minibus transporting explosives around northern Baghdad, causing the bombs to detonate, the U.S. military said.
MUQDADIYA - A suicide bomber detonated an explosives vest in a market in the town of Muqdadiya, 90 km (55 miles) northeast of Baghdad, killing seven people and wounding 17, a source in the town’s hospital said.
TAL AFAR - A suicide car bomber killed a woman and a 6-year-old girl and wounded eight in an attack on an identity cards office in the town of Tal Afar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police said. Tal Afar’s mayor put the death toll at two killed and four wounded.
NEAR TIKRIT - Two Iraqi soldiers and two civilians were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near an Iraqi army patrol near the town of Tikrit, 175 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - Gunmen killed three policemen and wounded three others when they attacked their patrol in a drive-by shooting in the city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb killed three U.S. soldiers when it struck their vehicle in northwestern Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - Iraqi officials said 15 policemen were killed and more than 45 wounded in the Ubaidi district of eastern Baghdad on Tuesday as they tried to defuse rockets that had been prepared for launch from the back of a truck.
BAGHDAD - The deputy minister of Science and Technology was wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near his convoy in Zayouna district of eastern Baghdad, police said. Two of his guards were also wounded.
BAGHDAD - Three bodies were found in different areas of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said.
SAMARRA - Two would-be suicide bombers wearing explosives vests were killed by members of a neighborhood security patrol as they tried to approach their checkpoint on Tuesday in the city of Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
Baghdad newsroom; editing by Ross Colvin
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.