July 5, 2019 / 12:01 AM / 17 days ago

Islamic State claims June attack that killed four on patrol in Lebanon's Tripoli

(Reuters) - Islamic State claimed responsibility on Thursday for an attack that killed two police officers and two soldiers on patrol in patrol in Lebanon’s Tripoli last month, the group’s Al-Nabaa newspaper said.

Islamic State said in its weekly newspaper that the “attacker is of the caliphate soldiers”. It provided no evidence to support its claim. The attack occurred on June 3.

Reporting by Ali Abdelaty in Cairo; Editing by Howard Goller

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below