December 31, 2018 / 7:00 PM / 4 months ago

Man held at Amsterdam airport after bomb threat; departure hall reopens

FILE PHOTO: A view of Schiphol International Airport in Amsterdam, Netherlands August 6, 2018. REUTERS/Piroschka van de Wouw/File Photo

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A departure hall at Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport was briefly cleared on Monday after a man claimed to have a bomb, national police said in a statement.

No explosives were found at the airport, the police said, adding that the arrested person held for questioning is a 51-year-old Canadian man. The statement did not further identify the suspect.

Police said the man had been arrested and departure hall 3 had been cleared as a “precautionary measure”.

The airport said departure hall 3 was open again for operation.

Reporting by Toby Sterling and Kanishka Singh; Editing by Kevin Liffey and Peter Cooney

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below