(Reuters) - France play Peru in a Group C match in Yekaterinburg on Thursday.
Where: Ekaterinburg Arena
When: Thursday, 2000 local time (1500 GMT, 11 AM ET)
Referee: Mohammed Abdulla (United Arab Emirates)
* France will qualify for the knockout phase if both they and Demark win their second Group C matches. The 1998 champions will also go through if they win and Denmark draw with Australia.
* Peru are taking part in their first World Cup finals since 1982.
* Peru head coach Ricardo Gareca is one of five Argentine coaches at the World Cup. The others are Hector Cuper (Egypt), Jose Pekerman (Colombia), Jorge Sampaoli (Argentina), Juan Antonio Pizzi (Saudi Arabia)
* None of them won their opening match at the 2018 World Cup
* France have not lost to South American opposition at a World Cup since 1978, when Argentina beat them 2-1.
In their only previous meeting, Peru beat France 1-0 in Paris in a friendly international in 1982.
Reporting by Julien Pretot; editing by Pritha Sarkar