Reuters logo
Spanish police says international probe of Barcelona cell still open
August 21, 2017 / 6:12 PM / a month ago

Spanish police says international probe of Barcelona cell still open

BARCELONA (Reuters) - The police shooting of the suspected attacker who killed 14 people in Barcelona means all 12 suspects identified by police are dead or under arrest, but the operation remains open, including at international level, Spanish police said.

“Today the 12 names that we have always referred to are in the hands of the justice system, or sadly, as a result of their actions, have been killed,” Catalan police chief Josep Lluis Trapero, told reporters, after officials confirmed that police had killed suspect Younes Abouyaaqoub earlier on Monday.

“But we have said that we were opening up the range of relations in the international field and this will develop in the coming weeks,” he said, adding that the operation was not closed.

Reporting by Adrian Croft

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below