Reuters logo
Spanish police say 'shot down' person, public TV says it is Barcelona attack suspect
August 21, 2017 / 3:32 PM / 2 months ago

Spanish police say 'shot down' person, public TV says it is Barcelona attack suspect

BARCELONA (Reuters) - Spanish police said they had “shot down” a person on Monday who appeared to be wearing an explosive belt and Spanish public television said the man was the suspected perpetrator of last week’s Barcelona van attack.

Catalan police declined to say if the man, shot in the area of Subirats, west of Barcelona, was dead or wounded.

Spanish public television, citing sources close to the investigation, said the man who had been shot is Younes Abouyaaqoub, who police named earlier on Monday as the driver of the van that killed 13 people on the crowded boulevard of Las Ramblas in Barcelona last week.

Reporting by Adrian Croft; Editing by Julien Toyer

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below