October 4, 2007 / 7:03 AM / 12 years ago

Suspect charged in "Indiana Jones" theft

Actor Harrison Ford is dressed as the character "Indiana Jones" on the film set of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" in this June 21, 2007 publicity photograph. Computers and photographs related to the production of director Steven Spielberg's highly anticipated "Indiana Jones" film have been stolen, the Los Angeles Times reported on October 3, 2007. REUTERS/Steven Spielberg/Courtesy Lucasfilm Ltd./Handout

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department has arrested a man in connection with the theft of computers, photographs and documents from director Steven Spielberg’s upcoming fourth “Indiana Jones” film.

The Tuesday afternoon arrest took place during a sting operation in West Hollywood, according to sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore.

He said officers posing as potential buyers arrested the man on suspicion of receiving stolen property. The goods had been advertised for sale through emails sent out to entertainment-gossip Web sites.

“He is on what is known as parole hold,” said Whitmore who declined to release the man’s name. “We believe there’s more people involved and don’t want to release the name until this plays out,” he added.

On September 24, the sheriff’s department was notified that some items had been taken from Spielberg’s production office on the Universal Pictures lot.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below