The following statements were posted to the verified Twitter accounts of U.S. President Donald Trump, @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.
The opinions expressed are his own. Reuters has not edited the statements or confirmed their accuracy.
- Democrats don’t want massive tax cuts - how does that win elections? Great reviews for Tax Cut and Reform Bill. [0755 EDT]
- The electric power grid in Puerto Rico is totally shot. Large numbers of generators are now on Island. Food and water on site. [1001 EDT]
- Welcome back @SteveScalise!
#TeamScalise [1539 EDT]
- FEMA & First Responders are doing a GREAT job in Puerto Rico. Massive food & water delivered. Docks & electric grid dead. Locals trying.... [1941 EDT]
- ...really hard to help but many have lost their homes. Military is now on site and I will be there Tuesday. Wish press would treat fairly! [1945 EDT]
- Puerto Rico is devastated. Phone system, electric grid many roads, gone. FEMA and First Responders are amazing. Governor said “great job!” [2003 EDT]
- GDP was revised upward to 3.1 for last quarter. Many people thought it would be years before that happened. We have just begun! [2222 EDT]
(Compiled by Bengaluru bureau)