BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - South American trade bloc Mercosur rejects the use of force in Venezuela, a statement sent by Argentina’s foreign ministry said on Saturday, a day after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened military intervention.
The bloc including Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay and Brazil suspended Venezuela indefinitely last week. The statement said dialogue and diplomacy were the only acceptable means to promote democracy in Venezuela for Mercosur countries.
Reporting by Caroline Stauffer; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.