Jan 22 (Reuters) -
* United Technologies Corp is expected to show a rise in quarterly revenue when it reports results on January 24.
* The Farmington, Connecticut-based company is expected to report a 4.8 percent increase in revenue to $15.36 billion from $14.66 billion a year ago, according to the mean estimate of 15 analysts, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* The analyst mean estimate for United Technologies Corp is for earnings of $1.56 per share. For the same quarter last year, the company reported earnings of $1.56 per share.
* The current average analyst rating on the shares is “buy” and the breakdown of recommendations is 9 “strong buy” or “buy,” 8 “hold” and 1 “sell” or “strong sell.”
* The Starmine predicted earnings surprise, the difference between Wall Street’s mean estimate and Starmine’s estimate of its highest rated analysts, is negative for UTC at 0.14 percent; predicted revenue surprise is positive at 0.43 percent.
* The mean earnings estimate of analysts was unchanged in the last three months.
* The earnings announcement is scheduled for January 24 at 01:30 p.m. GMT.
* United Technologies Corp belongs to the S&P 500. This summary was generated 01:30 p.m. GMT.