STOCKHOLM, June 4 (Reuters) - Volvo Car Group, owned by China’s Zhejiang Geely Holding Group Co Ltd, said in a statement on Monday its sales rose 13.3 percent year-on year in May on the back of strong growth in the United States.
* Total sales for May reached 53,539 cars compared to 47,247 a year earlier
* Sales in the United States rose 50.6 percent year-on-year, boosted by a strong performance from Volvo’s SUV-line-up
* Sales in China, Volvo Cars’ largest market, increased by 8.2 percent in May year-on-year on the back of high demand for the locally produced XC60 and S90 models
* In Europe, Volvo reported a 1.7 percent sales rise
* Source text: [here ] (Reporting by Johannes Hellstrom, editing by Helena Soderpalm)