(Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Sunday.
* denotes new or updated item
* BAGHDAD - At least nine people were killed and 20 wounded by a car bomb targeting Finance Ministry adviser Salman al-Mugotar in al-Hurriya Square in central Baghdad’s Karrada district, police said. Mugotar was not hurt.
* BAQUBA - A roadside bomb targeting a U.S. foot patrol in Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) north of Baghdad, killed at least three children, two of them siblings, and wounded seven people, police said.
* DIWANIYA - Iraqi security forces captured 47 militants, including three Mehdi Army leaders, and confiscated weapons in Diwaniya 180 km (112 miles) south of Baghdad, a police official said.
* SAMAWA - The provincial governor of Muthanna province accused U.S. troops of opening fire on civilian cars south of Baghdad, wounding six people, and threatened to suspend ties with U.S. officials over the attack. A U.S. military spokesman said no information was immediately available on the incident.
BAGHDAD - The Iraqi army killed four gunmen and arrested 63 others during the last 24 hours, in different parts in Iraq, the Defence Ministry said.
MOSUL - A parked car bomb killed three people, including a woman, and wounded 16 others, including four policemen, when it targeted a police patrol in central Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
TIKRIT - A roadside bomb killed an Iraqi army officer and a soldier and wounded another while they were trying to defuse it in central Tikrit, 175 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Four bodies were found in different districts of Baghdad on Saturday, police said.
MOSUL - Five bodies, including that of a police captain, were found dumped in different areas of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, on Saturday, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded two people in Ameen district of southeastern Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb hit a police commandos patrol near al-Tayaran Square in central Baghdad on Saturday, wounding two policemen, police said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. helicopters killed two men planting a roadside bomb south of Baghdad on Friday, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb wounded two people in Kesra neighborhood in northern Baghdad, police said.
RUSTUMIYA - Several rockets or mortar rounds landed in Rustumiya neighborhood in southeastern Baghdad but caused no casualties, police said.
Editing by Ross Colvin
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.