Dec 14 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM.N) looks to become the top natural gas producer in the United States with its bid to buy XTO Energy Inc XTO.N.
The following lists the largest producers of natural gas in the U.S. as of the second quarter 2009, according to data compiled by the Natural Gas Supply Association based on published company reports.
U.S. Natural Gas Production
in million cubic feet per day (mmcfd)
1. BP (BP.L) 2,337
2. Anadarko Petroleum (APC.N) 2,325
3. XTO Energy XTO.N 2,290
4. Chesapeake Energy (CHK.N) 2,210
5. Devon Energy (DVN.N) 2,130
6. ConocoPhillips (COP.N) 2,108
7. Encana Corp (ECA.TO) 1,663
8. Chevron Corp (CVX.N) 1,387
9. ExxonMobil Corp (XOM.N) 1,243
10. Williams Cos Inc (WMB.N) 1,202 (Reporting by Eileen Moustakis; Editing by Marguerita Choy)