SoftBank reports $37 bln Vision Fund profit on Coupang
- Vision Fund gains "validation" of SoftBank thesis -exec
- "Significant value to be unlocked" from further listings -exec
- SoftBank hikes VF2 commitment to $30 billion
- No decision on further buybacks -Son
- Group recorded Y233 bln loss on listed stocks, derivatives
TOKYO, May 12 (Reuters) - (This May 12 story corrects to show figure is annual profit not quarterly)
SoftBank Group Corp (9984.T) on Wednesday reported a 4.027 trillion yen ($36.99 billion) profit at its Vision Fund unit after booking a fourth-quarter gain on investment Coupang , underscoring its recovery a year after a record loss.
($1 = 108.8600 yen)
Reporting by Sam Nussey; Editing by Kim Coghill
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.