El Salvador President Nayib Bukele said the Central American country had acquired an additional 150 bitcoins after the digital currency's value slumped again, enlarging his bet on the cryptocurrency despite criticism.
- Future of MoneyBitcoin falls by a fifth, cryptos see $1 billion worth liquidated
- FundsFundraising for Latam fintechs likely to be under pressure
- U.S. MarketsPayPal says 'buy now, pay later' volumes surged 400% on Black Friday
- U.S. MarketsYellen says mind not made up on U.S. central bank digital currency
- CurrenciesMetaverse won't be turning point in cryptocurrency adoption, investor Chesnais says
- United StatesFed's Quarles says regulatory overkill could stifle stablecoin innovation