52 Week Range
As of on the Tokyo Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Yamaha Completes Share Buyback
Yamaha Corp To Buy Back Up To 5 Million Shares Worth 20 Billion Yen Through July 31
R&I upgrades Yamaha's rating to "A+" and announces stable rating outlook -R&I
Yamaha Corporation is a manufacturer of a line of musical instruments. The Company is a producer of audio/visual products, semiconductors and other computer related products, sporting goods, home appliances and furniture, specialty metals, machine tools and industrial robots. Its segments include Musical Instruments, Audio Equipment, Electronic Devices and Others. The Musical Instruments business segment includes the manufacture and sale of pianos; digital musical instruments; wind, string, and percussion instruments, and other music-related activities. The Audio Equipment business segment includes the manufacture and sale of audio products, professional audio equipment, information and telecommunication equipment, and other products. The Electronic Devices business segment includes the manufacture and sale of semiconductor products. The Others segment includes automobile interior components, factory automation equipment, golf products, recreation and other lines of business.
10-1, Nakazawa-cho, Naka-ku
President, Representative Executive Officer, Chief Director of Brand Strategy, Chairman of Subsidiary, Director
Managing Executive Officer, Chief Director of Operation, Chief Director of Business, Director
Managing Executive Officer, Chief Director of Musical Instruments & Audio Production
Executive Officer, Chief Director of Musical Instruments & Audio Sales
Executive Officer, Senior Director of Marketing in Main Brand Strategy Unit
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* Says it will retire 5.7 million shares (2.9 percent of outstanding) of its common stock on June 26
* Says it will apply International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) as the new accounting method, to replace the current Japan-Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Italian MotoGP great Valentino Rossi has signed a two-year contract extension that will keep him at the factory Yamaha team into his 40s.
KTM will replace Yamaha as partners to the French-run Tech3 MotoGP team from 2019, the Austrian motorcycle manufacturer said on Monday.
* Says it bought back 1.6 million shares for 7.32 billion yen, from Feb. 1 to Feb. 28
A federal appeals court has ruled that a South Carolina woman who suffered internal injuries when she fell off a Yamaha watercraft lacked sufficient evidence to support her claims against the company.
* Says it repurchased 1.5 million shares of its common stock for 6.66 billion yen in total from Jan. 1 to Jan. 31
Spanish MotoGP rider Maverick Vinales has extended his contract with Yamaha for two more seasons until the end of 2020, the Japanese manufacturer said on Wednesday.
* Says it repurchased 1.7 million shares for 6.82 billion yen in total, from Dec. 1, 2017 to Dec. 31, 2017
* Says it sells 8 million shares (2.3 percent voting power) of Yamaha Motor Co Ltd and gain on sale of investment securities is 25.82 billion yen
* Says it plans to buy back up to 7 million shares (3.7 percent stake) for up to 25 billion yen in total, during the period from Dec. 1 to May 31, 2018
* Says it will sell 8 million shares (2.3 percent voting rights) of Yamaha Motor Co Ltd, on Dec. 4
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "A" – R&I
Yamaha have ruled out replacing injured Italian Valentino Rossi at this weekend's San Marino Grand Prix at Misano.
* Yamaha to purchase assets of Kracor Inc rotational molding Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Plaintiffs who claimed Yamaha concealed a design defect that caused premature corrosion of their outboard motors failed to state a claim for consumer fraud, a federal appeals court held Friday.
* Says it plans to set up a wholly owned instrument parts manufacture unit in Indonesia, named as PT Yamaha Musical Products Asia, in March
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "A" - R&I
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.