52 Week Range
As of on the London Stock Exchange (LON) ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Admiral HY PBT From Contops Rises
Admiral Completes Sale Of Penguin Portals, Preminen Comparison Businesses
Admiral FY Group Share Of Profit Before Tax Rises To £638.4 Mln
Admiral Group plc is a United Kingdom-based financial services company. The Company is engaged in offering motor insurance, household insurance, travel insurance and lending products. The Company has four segments: UK Insurance, International Insurance, Admiral Loans and other. The UK Insurance segment consists of the underwriting of car insurance, van insurance, household insurance, travel insurance and other products that supplement insurance policy within the United Kingdom. The International Insurance segment consists of the underwriting of car and home insurance and the generation of revenue from additional products, and fees from underwriting car insurance outside of the United Kingdom. The Admiral Loans segment provides unsecured personal loans and car finance products in the United Kingdom. The Other segment includes compare.com, the US comparison business, and Admiral Pioneer.
Insurance (Prop. & Casualty)
Ty Admiral, David Street
Annette Elizabeth Court
Non-Executive Independent Chairman of the Board
Milena Mondini de Focatiis
Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director
Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director
Non-Executive Independent Director
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* UK GDP falls by record 20.4% in Q2 but growth restarts in May
* Shares jump 7% to top FTSE 100 index (Adds analyst comments, share move, CFO comment)
Insurer Admiral on Wednesday posted higher first-half profit as motor claims dropped with Britons staying off roads during strict coronavirus lockdowns in March and April, and reinstated its special dividend.
British insurer Admiral has suspended plans to pay a special dividend of 20.7 pence per ordinary share, although it will continue to pay its planned normal dividend of 56.3 pence, it said on Monday.
* TO GIVE BACK £110 MILLION TO ITS CAR AND VAN INSURANCE CUSTOMERS AS CUSTOMERS ARE STAYING AT HOME & DRIVING LESS DURING COVID-19 LOCKDOWN
* UNLESS CURRENT SITUATION CHANGES, IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR SHAREHOLDERS TO ATTEND AGM IN PERSON
* ADMIRAL - BOARD IS CLOSELY MONITORING EVOLVING OUTBREAK OF CORONAVIRUS AND CURRENTLY PLANS TO HOLD AGM AS PLANNED Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Co also announces one-time bonus to employees (Shares move, background on industry, CFO quotes)
* JUSTINE ROBERTS, NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF ADMIRAL, HAS STEPPED DOWN AS A MEMBER OF ADMIRAL'S REMUNERATION COMMITTEE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* DAVID STEVENS, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER NOTIFIED BOARD OF HIS INTENTION TO RETIRE FROM HIS POSITION AS GROUP CEO
* FY GROUP'S SHARE OF PROFIT BEFORE TAX £526.1 MILLION VERSUS £479.3 MILLION
Car and home insurer Admiral Group Plc said on Thursday that its co-founder and chief executive officer, David Stevens, would retire in 12 months' time.
* EXPECTS TO POST A GROUP PROFIT BEFORE TAX FOR 2019 IN RANGE OF £510 TO £540 MILLION
British insurer Admiral <ADML.L> on Wednesday posted a 4% rise in first-half pretax profit helped by the release of money put aside for claims written in previous years.
UK shares gained for a second straight session on Wednesday over hopes of an improvement in global trade relations after Washington delayed imposing tariffs on some Chinese goods, while insurer Admiral rose after reporting a market-beating profit.
British insurer Admiral on Wednesday posted a 4% rise in pretax profit in the first half of the year, driven by a strong performance in its UK business.
* Admiral, Direct Line say reserves based on 0% rate (Adds Direct Line comment)
British insurer Admiral Group said on Tuesday it had acquired Spanish digital broker Acierto in partnership with insurer Mapfre SA and private equity firm Oakley Capital.
The former boss of Admiral is to join the board of U.S. comparison website Compare.com as part of a deal that sees his wife inject $25 million into the company, the car insurer said on Thursday.
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.