52 Week Range
As of on the New York Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Anthem Says COVID-19 Related Costs Expected To Persist Through The Balance Of 2020
Anthem Reports Q3 Adjusted Earnings Per Share $4.20
Blue Health Insurers Reach Tentative Antitrust Settlement For $2.7 Billion- WSJ
Anthem, Inc. is a health benefits company. The Company operates through three segments: Commercial and Specialty Business, Government Business and Other. It offers a spectrum of network-based managed care plans to large and small employer, individual, Medicaid and Medicare markets. Its managed care plans include preferred provider organizations; health maintenance organizations; point-of-service plans; indemnity plans and other hybrid plans, including consumer-driven health plans; and hospital only and limited benefit products. It also provides an array of managed care services to self-funded customers, including claims processing, underwriting, stop loss insurance, actuarial services, provider network access, medical cost management, disease management, wellness programs and other administrative services. It provides an array of specialty and other insurance products and services, such as dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits and radiology benefit management.
Insurance (Accident & Health)
220 Virginia Avenue
Elizabeth E. Tallett
Independent Chairman of the Board
Gail K. Boudreaux
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
John E. Gallina
Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
Leah S. Stark
Chief Human Resource Officer, Executive Vice President
Gloria M. McCarthy
Executive Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc <ANTM.N> on Wednesday warned of higher-than-normal medical costs in the fourth quarter, driven by coronavirus infections and recovery in demand for elective medical procedures, sending its shares down about 3%.
* ANTHEM SAYS COVID-19 RELATED COSTS EXPECTED TO PERSIST THROUGH THE BALANCE OF 2020, MORE THAN OFFSETTING THE IMPACT OF DEFERRED UTILIZATION- CONF CALL
U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc reported an 81.2% fall in quarterly profit on Wednesday, due to higher costs and as pandemic-triggered layoffs across sectors led to lower demand for its high-margin health plans from employers.
Anthem Inc said on Wednesday it would pay $39.5 million as part of a settlement with U.S. states attorneys general following an investigation into a massive cyber-attack at the company in 2015.
Neither Anthem Inc nor Cigna Corp can recover any damages over the failure of the companies' proposed $54 billion merger, a Delaware judge ruled Monday.
* ANTHEM SAYS JUNE EXPERIENCE, WHILE STILL EARLY, SUGGESTS THAT HEALTHCARE UTILIZATION RECOVERED TO ROUGHLY 90% OF BASELINE- CONF CALL
Anthem Inc <ANTM.N> reported a quarterly profit that topped Wall Street expectations on Wednesday, aided by lower medical costs as people delayed non-essential procedures during the first surge of the U.S. coronavirus outbreak.
U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc reported a 99.8% rise in quarterly profit on Wednesday, aided by lower medical costs as people delayed non-essential procedures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
* INTEND TO REAFFIRM EARNINGS PER SHARE GUIDANCE FOR FY 2020 TO BE GREATER THAN $21.00, INCLUDING ABOUT $1.30 PER SHARE OF NET UNFAVORABLE ITEMS
Anthem Inc said on Thursday it will give customers $2.5 billion in discounts as the health insurer waived costs and offered premium credits following a steep drop in some medical services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Health insurer Anthem Inc <ANTM.N> said on Thursday it will spend $2.5 billion in financial assistance, including issuing one-month premium credit to members enrolled in certain insurance plans.
* ANTHEM INC - EXTENDING COST SHARE WAIVERS FOR COVID-19 TREATMENT THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2020
Anthem Inc said on Wednesday that the COVID-19 pandemic could trigger a big shift in business mix and push more people into Medicaid or Obamacare health plans from employer-sponsored ones due to job losses across industries.
* ANTHEM INC SAYS THE COVID-19 CRISIS COULD DRIVE AN UNPRECEDENTED SHIFT IN CONSUMERS FROM THE EMPLOYER MARKET INTO ITS MEDICAID AND ACA SEGMENTS - CONF CALL
U.S. health insurer Anthem Inc reported a 1.8% drop in quarterly profit on Wednesday, hurt by weaker sales in the unit that sells employer-sponsored health plans.
* Q1 REVENUE $29.4 BILLION VERSUS REFINITIV IBES ESTIMATE OF $28.6 BILLION
* ANTHEM INC - ANNUAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS WILL BE HELD ON MAY 21, 2020 VIA LIVE WEBCAST ONLY. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* WILL EXPAND COVERAGE, EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, FOR MEMBERS IN AFFILIATED HEALTH PLANS UNDERGOING TREATMENT RELATED TO A COVID-19 DIAGNOSIS
* ANTHEM INC - CEO GAIL BOUDREAUX'S 2019 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $15.5 MILLION VERSUS $14.2 MILLION IN 2018 - SEC FILING
The U.S. Justice Department on Friday announced a lawsuit accusing the insurer Anthem Inc of obtaining millions of dollars by not correcting inaccurate information about the health status of patients enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans it operates.
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.